- Home page
- All FREE events coming up
- Upcoming concerts & performances
- Indoor play centers
- Master Guide to the Holidays in Fairfield County
- Cut your own Christmas tree! Here's where to go with your family!
- Where to go ice skating
- Holiday Break Camps
- Family SKIING within driving distance
- How to have a Christmas caroling party
- Holiday Gift Guide 2014
- New Year's activities
YOUR ONLINE RESOURCE FOR KIDS AND FAMILIES
Places to Go
- Home/Calendar Search
- Top 20 Places to Take Kids
- Birthday Party Locations
- Indoor Play Centers
- Bounce Houses/ Jumping Fun
- Kid-friendly museums
- Libraries in our area
- Outside fun - Main page
- Fun on the Farm
- Zoos & Nature Centers
- Parks & Beaches
- Amusement parks
- Places to play miniature golf
- List your organization on KidsOutAndAbout (it's free)
Things to Do
- Sign up for our FREE weekly e-newsletter!
- Click here to read our latest weekly e-newsletter!
- How to use KidsOutAndabout.com
- Master List of After School/Saturday Classes
- Upcoming concerts & performances
- Upcoming festivals
- Summer camps in our area
- Preschools/ Day care/ Toddler care
- Private Schools
- Indoor Play Centers
- Martial Arts Academies
- Theaters / Performing Arts
- Special Needs Resources
- Tutoring Centers
- Upcoming open houses
- Southeast / Florida
- Midwest & Texas
- Mountain states
- West Coast / Nevada
Goshen Stampede with Rodeo, Petting Zoo, Barrel Racing, Truck & Tractor Pulls, Fireworks, and Carnival
Connecticut’s Best Event, The 6th Annual Goshen Stampede, 3 Days June 17th, 18th, and 19th Featuring 2 Huge Rodeos, 2 Wild Demolition Derbies, The Tri-State Truck and Tractor Pulls with Professional and Amateur Drivers, Fire Works, Free Petting Zoo, Bands, Great Food, Vendors, and so much more……
Saturday – June 18th 10:00am – 10:00pm
Sunday – June 19th 10:00am – 8:00pm
Carnival Rides: Classic carnival rides the whole family will enjoy!
Free Petting Zoo: Children of all ages will enjoy petting and feeding the menagerie of Exotic Animals and native animals in our Kids Petting Zoo.
2011 Goshen Stampede Presents P.R.C.A. Rodeo Action: Featuring world class Bull Riding, Champion Bare Back and Bronc Riding, National Barrel Racing, and so much more...
- 2011 the Goshen Stampede Charity Event will be presenting The Painted Pony Championship Rodeo Company with P.R.C.A. Rodeo Action - with their Professional Competitors as well as the Bulls you see on TV - bucking in places like Mohegan Sun.
- Rodeo Riders, available for autographs and pictures in Arena, following the performance
- This years performance will a HUGE STEP UP, from past years, don't miss it. Today's professional rodeo holds a distinct position in the world of modern sports having come directly from a working-lifestyle.
- Featuring world class Bull Riding, Champion Bare Back and Bronc Riding, National Barrel Racing, and so much more…
- Two Performances:
- Saturday June 18th at 6:30 pm
- Sunday June 19th at 2:00pm
Gourmet Carnival Food: New England's best fair food...Fried Dough, Sausage, Pizza, Hot Dogs, Fire Roasted Corn and much more!
Ranch Horse Team Penning: Fast horses and tough cows!
Two Huge Demolition Derbies: Everyone loves Connecticut's greatest Demolition Derby. This year features two separate events!!
Friday, June 17th Demolition Starts at 7:30pm
Sunday, June 19th Demolition Starts at 4:00pm
Be prepared for 2 exciting events with Drivers coming from all over the Tri-State Region! Starting with Full size cars Friday night and then moving on to Pickups, SUVs and Vans up to Church Size Van for Sunday's Event.
Winning a Demolition Derby is like being crowned the Mechanical Champion of the community. Communities must have these mechanical individuals. After all, our very ways of life are owed to those wanting to improve mechanics of Tools ( a better mouse trap), Engines (steam, chainsaws, washing machines, etc.). Equipment such as cotton gin, tractors, bobcats, trucks and yes, even cars (fueled on alternative corn-based gasoline). These grease monkeys are a vital component of all communities and deserve to be represented. Their youngsters need to be educated and have a desire to fix, improve and invent mechanical ideas beyond the ordinary person's dream.
Tri-State Truck Pull and Tractor Pull: Professional & Amateur Drivers from all over New England compete for the Title of Toughest Truck. If you Think You and Your Truck have what it takes, now is your chance to prove it!
The Tri-State Truck Pull, sponsored by Alibozak Construction & hosted by the Massachusetts Truck Pullers is the largest event of its kind in the region, debuting for the first time in 2007 at the Goshen Stampede. Drivers from all over New England attend to test the ability of their vehicles. Sled pulling consists of a vehicle and a transfer sled, which progressively increases resistance the further the sled, is pulled.
The Tri-State Truck Pull starts at approximately 12 Noon each day, Saturday and Sunday, June 18th & 19th. Anyone who wishes to participate is expected to register during the hours of 9:00-11:30am and 3:30-4:45pm each day.
Barrel Racing: Watch the Fastest Horses in Connecticut, as they run for added prize money.
Horses and Riders from all over the east coast will be facing off at The Goshen Stampede to compete in a sanctioned event. Running for added prize money, the competition will be brutal as speed, timing, and accuracy are a must for bringing home the money.
The barrel race will start at 7:00pm, Friday, June
Music: 3 Days of Live Great Bands
Kids Rodeo, Presented by WZBG 97.3 RADIO: Fun for kids up to 12 years old. Mutton Busting', Ribbon Chase
Nitro RC Car Racing: All 3 days, great fun with nitro / gas powered extreme
The Goshen Stampede, a 501(c) 3 Corporation, Proudly grants support to Local and Regional Charitable Organizations as well as funding National Organizations that Support the Men, Women, and Families of the United States Armed Services, both Veterans and Active Duty that have personally sacrificed to help maintain our countries way of life. This support is given with a financial Contribution raised through the annual event and or by allowing these Organizations to Fund themselves by either joined forces with Goshen Stampede, Inc. at the event or participating in the Goshen Stampede, Charity Event.• Connecticut’s 180,000 veterans and active duty are always invited to attend for FREE.