Party for the Planet
AgesAll Ages Adults & kids together
Enjoy scavenger hunts, hands-on activities and games from 10am to 2pm and learn how to reduce your personal impact. The Aquarium’s conservation youth group and volunteers will lead hands-on activities that highlight unique habitats and conservation issues affecting ecosystems around the world but most importantly, what can be done to help protect the planet.
- Stranding Activity – Learn more about our Animal Rescue Program and the important role they play in understanding the health of our oceans.
- Shark Activity – Discover how removing apex predators, such as sharks, has harmful effects on the ocean inhabitants.
- Amphibian Decline – Using a frog call identification interactive, you will learn the valuable role you have in monitoring and protecting this quickly vanishing group of animals.
- Pollution Activity – A 3-D watershed model will illustrate the effects of non-point source pollution on a variety of environments.
- Scrap Art Contest – Create an entry for our scrap art contest! This annual contest challenges participants to create art out of trash.
- Scavenger Hunt – Join in on a scavenger hunt that highlights the relationship between animals and their habitats and will lead you on a self-guided tour of the exhibits.
Plus, meet with these visiting organizations:
- Covanta Energy – Learn from representatives at our local Covanta facility about the incredible journey of how trash can be turned into energy to power our homes and how you can reduce your carbon footprint!
- Southeastern Connecticut Regional Resource Recovery Authority (SCRRRA) – Enjoy hands-on activities that explore the How Long Until it is Gone and What is Recyclable games and gain valuable information on watersheds.
- Ivory Ella – Stop by the Ivory Ella table to color your own elephant and learn how your everyday actions can help protect these majestic animals!
Activities are included with Aquarium admission. Registration is not required. Purchase your Aquarium admission tickets online and save!
Looking for more Earth Day fun? Join us at Bluff Point State Park in Groton, CT on April 23 for our Annual Party by the Coast! Click here to learn more.