Young Hacks Academy: Beta Masters - Darien, CT
For students in Grades 7-9
It’s a race to the release party as these small indie game studios pitch, design and build an issue-focused video game in just 5 days!
Emphasizing the power of collaboration, YHA Beta Masters leverages a real-world production cycle for planning and developing innovative game prototypes just like the pros.
With a passion for social entrepreneurship, Beta Masters work in teams to develop video game concepts with a real-world focus and take them from ideation to completion. Campers will push their computational learning to the next level, creating original graphics with Sketchpad and bringing them to life using the powerful, cloud-based game engine, Construct 3, all with one goal in mind: securing seed investments from friends and family at Friday’s beta release party!
At YHA Beta Masters, your child will learn:
- The core concepts of computer programming and video game design
- How to build a technical game design document
- Strategies for efficient collaboration, critical thinking and problem-solving
- Best practices for public speaking — ability to pitch and present work
- Exploration of important local and global issues
Brought to you by: