Young Hacks Academy: Team Elektra for Girls - Bloomfield Hills, MI
For Girls in Grades 6 & 7
This all-girl design team is ready to change the world, using their collective creativity to produce digital media with a positive impact!
A celebration of collaborative problem-solving and empowerment, YHA Team Elektra all-girls program explores how the combination of digital tools and creative expression can make a difference in the local and global community.
As a new design start-up, Team Elektra members join together to raise awareness about the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals for 2030. Using cloud-based software, team members create websites with informational graphics and videos that communicate to the world who we are and the positive change that we seek.
Each day, the program addresses important themes relevant to being a healthy adolescent, like identity, self-respect, and connectedness. Unleashing confidence and life skills in a week full of creativity, design, color, and fun, YHA Team Elektra prepares today’s generation of middle school girls to become inspirational leaders of tomorrow.
At YHA Team Elektra, your child will learn:
- Core concepts of computer programming and video game design
- Basic HTML for creating simple websites
- How to plan and build a project as part of a team
- Strategies for efficient collaboration, critical thinking and problem-solving
- Best practices for public speaking — ability to pitch and present work
- Exploration of important local and global issues
Brought to you by: